Grandmas apple cake
This weeks recipe comes from Andrea from St Albans. We’ve had so many comments about the aforementioned that we just had to post the recipe! Many thanks Andrea for your sterling efforts (and cakes) so kindly donated to our reliability ride.
I take you up on your words for wanting my Grandmother Special Apple cake recipe. So here it goes:
400gr Plain Flour
250gr of butter
150gr Icing Sugar
1tsp Baking powder
7-10 Apples of your own choice (depends on size)
1.Mix flour, butter, icing sugar, baking powder and eggs very well together to make a pastry dough.
2.When dough is made, cut it in two halfs.
3.Roll out the pastry to match the size of your baking tray
4. Lightly flour your baking tray and lay your pastry on the tray
5. Peel, core and grate apples
6. Squeeze little bit of juice out of apples and lay them on the pastry
7. Sprinkle caster sugar and cinnamon over the apples
8. Roll out the second half of the pastry and lay it over the top of the apples
9. Put the cake in pre-heated oven on 150 degrees C for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, check the cake every 5 minutes till it’s done.
10. Leave it to cool and sprinkle with icing sugar
11. Dobru Chut – Enjoy
Tips from my grandmother:
1. When making the pastry dough, use your hands. This way the cake will taste lighter.
2. When using the baking tray, my grandmother always used square type of baking tray, not circle one. The square baking tray I use is usually 31cmx24cm
Hope you guys will have a go and bake this lovely cake. Please don’t forget that I am more than happy to help out in any future events and if any of you celebrate any occasion and would like some nice cake, please let me know.
Hope to see you soon:)
PS: I was going to send you some pictures of apple cake and my grandmother but I am unable to upload it on this message